Getting started on Aftermath is a simple process. If you follow the steps below you should have no issues installing the game.
Registering an Account & Joining Discord
- Before starting anything you must read our server and Discord rules. We advise checking the rules semi-regularly, as our rules page is updated from time to time.
- If you’re a Discord user, please Join the Aftermath Discord. This the hub of our communications and we highly recommend joining and being a part of the community. If you’ve never used Discord before, it’s very simple and easy to use. If you don’t want to use Discord, you can take part via the general chat tab in game.
- Make sure you register an account. This will be the account you use to log into Aftermath. You can register an account HERE. Make sure to check your junk/spam section if you can’t see the email in your inbox.
- Your Aftermath account name and Discord name are entirely separate and do not need to be the same.
Installing Star Wars Galaxies & Aftermath Launcher
- Install a FRESH copy of Star Wars Galaxies onto your PC from the original disks.
- Once installed, make a copy of the installation folder and rename the copy ‘SWG Aftermath’. It is advised to keep a fresh, unused copy of SWG just in case you need it. The original installation can be re-copied should you need to do do a fresh install without having to use the disks again.
- Download the Aftermath Launcher onto your PC. You can download it HERE. Download the .exe version for the easiest process.
- Once downloaded, run the Aftermath Launcher Setup.exe in admin mode (right click, run as administrator). You can run it directly from your download folder location. This will install the Launcher onto your PC in its own folder (not your SWG Aftermath folder). A desktop and start menu shortcut will be created.
- Once the launcher is installed, run it. We recommend running as an admin (right click, run as administrator). Navigate to the settings section of the launcher and via the browse button and point the launcher to your SWG Aftermath folder. Then, on the launcher interface click the ‘Install from SWG’ button. If prompted point to your SWG Aftermath folder again. The launcher will now install all of the Aftermath files and content needed to play. Depending on your internet speed, it may take 10-15 minutes.
- While it installs, you can use the options at the bottom to increase your FPS (60 is best), RAM allocation (2GB is best) and zoom out cap (preference).
- Be sure you navigate to ‘Game Settings’ so you can set your resolution and other basic options.
- Once the launcher has finished installing, the game should be ready for play. It is recommended to run a ‘Full Scan’ after the initial installation is complete.
- If you run into issues, please use the support channel in our Aftermath Discord.
Full credit and thanks to the Relics of Corbantis server for their open source launcher.
What if I’m a veteran player and still have the old launcher?
- Before doing anything, make a copy of the file ‘swgemu_machineoptions.iff’ in your Aftermath directory.
- The new launcher will work perfectly with your already installed Aftermath folder. When you run the new launcher simply point the launcher to your Aftermath install folder and the launcher will do the rest.
- If you have our old Aftermath launcher, then once you have installed the the new launcher via the steps above, the old launcher can be deleted from your Aftermath folder as it is no longer needed.
- The old launcher files that can be deleted are as follows: AftermathLauncher.exe, aftermath_conf.xml, LauncherUPdater.exe, LauncherVer.txt, remoteTreSums.txt and treSums.txt
- If you do not move onto the new launcher, you will not receive new game updates and files which can cause errors and issues in game. We will not troubleshoot errors involving the old launcher, so please make sure to update to the new one.
Final words and advice
- If you haven’t yet, make sure to check out the other sections of the website including our Custom Changes to see what our server has to offer and to give yourself more information.
- If you have any questions, please ask in the Aftermath Discord. Staff are active in their and can help you.
We thank you for your interest in Aftermath and hope you have a great time. May the Force be with you!